Monday, March 14, 2011

FLASHBACK / THE TRINITY

photos: Ron Galella

photos: Roxanne Lowit

photos: Marcus Piggott / Mert Alas

photo: Patrick Demarchelier

photos: Ellen Von Unwerth

photos: Peter Lindbergh

photos: Steven Meisel


photo: Rose Hartman
photo: Hans Freuer
photo: Herb Ritts
photo: Tom Munro

I realize I may be dating myself here but as a young person I was lucky enough to be fully engrossed in and witness to the era of the supermodels. When I was a teenager I faithfully collected each and every issue of American Vogue, Elle, and Mirabella where I would rip out pages to plaster my walls and daydream of a glorious career in fashion. I clearly remember the rise and reign of this new breed of model / celebrity and at the top of the food chain was Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, and Naomi Campbell, otherwise known as The Trinity. These girls went totally beyond top model status, they were mega brands in themselves. You couldn't open a magazine, turn on the TV, or look at a billboard without seeing one or all of their gorgeous faces. It was a time when everything was big. Big names, big budgets, big location shoots, big fashion. I miss those days. Don't get me wrong, today's models are certainly beautiful and talented but they don't compare to the girls of the past. Those girls had a certain star quality and really knew how to work the camera, the public, and the media. It's just different.... *sigh*




Don't forget to check out this month's giveaway. Details here





3 comments:

  1. Cool pics and post!
    Nice blog! Really!
    New post on my blog: A chat with Internodiciotto.
    Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!
    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these girls are so iconic! i remember thinking how gorgeous Naomi is and versatile Linda is :). Thanks for following me, i'm following you back. And yay for being Korean too, lol :D

    Beneath the Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these girls are gorgeous you just see the energy coming out of the picture. I love it! I'm following!
    Do you wanna check out my blog?
    www.annagoense.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!